These rules will be posted on each bus:
- Students will follow directions of the driver.
- Students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus arrives, waiting in a safe place, clear of traffic and 12 feet from where the bus stops.
- Students will cross the roadways in front of the bus after the bus has stopped, they have looked at the driver for a hand signal, and they have looked in both directions for traffic: left, right, left.
- Students will go directly to a seat when entering the bus. Keep the aisles and exits clear.
- Students will remain properly seated, back against the back of the seat, bottom against the bottom of the seat, and keep hands to themselves.
- Students will not eat, drink or bring tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or any controlled substances on the bus.
- Students will not carry animals, glass objects, nuisance items, hazardous materials, or weapons onto the bus. Students may carry only objects that can be held in their laps.
- Students will refrain from using loud voices, profanity, and/or obscene gestures, and respect the rights and safety of others.
- Students will stay seated until time to get off the bus. The open door is the signal to get up from the bus seat.
- Students are expected to ride the bus to which they have been assigned and to get off at their assigned bus stop. Only in the event of an emergency, as determined by the principal or their representative, will a student be allowed to ride a different bus. Notification of this emergency must be sent to school in a written note signed by the parent/guardian. The school administrator may provide a bus pass granting permission.