The following is the daily rate paid to substitute teachers based on their degrees:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent $60.00 a day
- College (Associates Degree) $70.00 a day
- Long Term Certified Teacher after 20 consecutive days, for the same person, State Salary Schedule of Bachelor's Degree T4 entry-level
NOTE: Anyone interested in participating in training for substitute teaching can do so online through Northwest Georgia RESA. Participants can register for virtual, substitute training on the Northwest Georgia RESA website at http://www.nwgaresa.com/...
- Under the menu option labeled COURSES is a VIEW ALL COURSES option
- After selecting VIEW ALL COURSES, a course listing will be provided in chronological order
- Applicants can scroll down and select the substitute training course that is most convenient for their schedule
- Currently, the substitute training course is scheduled to occur on a weekly basis and requires a $50 tuition fee.
- Once the candidate has successfully completed the course and has submitted all required documentation to Ms. Judy Walden, a recommendation letter can then be prepared and submitted to the Superintendent of Schools for BOE approval
- Substitute teachers will be reimbursed $50.00 after working three (3) days for the Dade County School System as a substitute teacher