"It’s our goal to ensure that every single Georgia student graduates prepared—not just for higher
education, should they choose to pursue it, but also for a meaningful career in the field of their choice.For that reason, employability skills are a matter of importance for every Georgia student, every Georgia educator, and every Georgia business. Working together, we can make sure each student who graduates from a Georgia high school is equipped for a successful future."
-Richard Woods, Georgia School Superintendent
GEORGIA PERFORMANCE STANDARD 1
Standard 1: Demonstrate employability skills required by business and industry.
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, listening, reading, and interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrate creativity by asking challenging questions and applying innovative procedures and methods.
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills to locate, analyze and apply information in career planning and employment situations.
- Model work readiness traits required for success in the workplace including integrity, honesty, accountability, punctuality, time management, and respect for diversity.
- Apply the appropriate skill sets to be productive in a changing, technological, diverse workplace to be able to work independently and apply teamwork skills.
- Present a professional image through appearance, behavior and language.