Phone: 706-657-6491 Extension: 30130
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts, Special Education and Elementary Education (Dual Licensure)
Mrs. Shaina Chandler
"If a child cannot learn the way that we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn."- Ignacio Estrada My name is Shaina Chandler and I am a Dade County native. I have served in special education for eight years as a paraprofessional and have worked with a variety of special educators during that time of service. I received my teaching certificate from Western Governors University in May of 2022 after attending Northeast Alabama Community College and the University of Alabama earlier in my education. I have a deep passion for serving my community and their children. I want my students to leave the classroom feeling loved, supported, and ready to achieve their goals in education as well as in life.
This nine weeks, October-December, we will be working on Argumentative Writing.
Students will write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence. They will show they can do this by:
- Introducing claims and organize the reasons and evidence clearly
- Supporting claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrate an understanding of the topic or text
- Using words, phrases, and clauses to clarify the relationships among claims and reasons
- Establishing and maintain a formal style
- Providing a concluding statement or section that follows from the argument presented